Monday, June 20, 2011

PIE PASTRY ROLLS


This isn't really a recipe as much as it is an idea.
I always have a small amount of pie pastry left after I have made a pie.
Instead of throwing the scraps away, I make bite-size roll-ups.


Roll out whatever pastry you have left; spread with a bit of
softened or melted butter.  Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.
Roll up tightly and cut into 1/2-inch slices.


Place on a parchment lined baking sheet.


Bake in preheated 375° oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden.
Dip into a thin icing made with powdered sugar and milk.
Tiny, sweet and perfectly suited to children, just like Timbits.

3 comments:

  1. What a great idea!! I'll share it with our kitchen ladies. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish we had a plateful of those right now!
    Tysan just wondered if we could call Grami and she could "send them over."
    I'd like them delivered. :)
    ~Bev & Boys

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok Bev..did you forget you have a girl? Guess she wouldn't enjoy the rolls anyway..then again I could see her eating the icing..

    ReplyDelete