Thursday, June 2, 2011

TOFFEE PECAN CRUNCH COOKIES


I like to keep cookies on hand in the freezer for a quick snack.
They are great to take on a walk or to a picnic.
 Chewy but crunchy -- these are a delectable treat.


I used my Bosch mixer but I do not recommend it to mix cookies unless it is
a large recipe. I find that I need to scrape the bowl many times.
Plus I do not like to change attachments.


The whisk attachment is great for creaming the butter and sugar.
 I change to a cookie paddle to incorporate the dry ingredients.


A tantalizing treat for the taste buds!

1 cup butter or margarine
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 egg
2 tbsp. milk
2 tsp. vanilla

Cream butter, sugars, egg, milk and vanilla in a large bowl with
electric mixer until light and creamy.

1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt

Combine dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture, beating until blended.

4 crunchy toffee chocolate bars, coarsely crushed
( I used Skor bars, but similar bars work well, too)
1 cup coarsely chopped pecans, toasted

Stir in remaining ingredients.
Drop dough by tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto
greased or parchment-lined baking sheet.
Bake in preheated 375° oven for 9 to 12 minutes or until light golden.
Cool for 5 minutes on sheet, then transfer to rack and cook completely.
Freezing: excellent

2 comments:

  1. Way to go mother dear!!! Wish I could visit your kitchen more often! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. made these cookies the other day. they go so good with a cup of coffee!! one thing i'll do different when i make them again is i'll make a double batch!! :) wendy

    ReplyDelete