Tuesday, July 12, 2011

STORM on July 11, 2011



It is coming ... time to race for shelter ...
but I need some more pictures.



The view to the west as the sun is descending on
the evening of July 11, 2011, a few miles
south of Lethbridge, Alberta.


Dark ominous clouds low in the sky.


No doubt this will be a storm to remember.


The coming sheets of rain visible in the distance.


Rain rolling in over the coulee hills like a mist.
And then it was here, sheets of rain, fierce wind,
pebbles of hail ... a mighty force.
My camera could not do it justice.
Twenty miles to the east, there are reports of
12 inches of hail on the ground.
Inside the safety of the house, I was
preparing food which I will blog next.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my word mother....that does look ominous. PTL no hail damage!

    ReplyDelete