Sunday, August 7, 2011

A FOREVER FEAST, SNOWBIRDS


Living close to an airport has it's advantages.
Once a year it is home to an airshow and many times it features
the Canadian aerobatic team know as the 'Snowbirds'.


The skill and precision of the maneuvers is phenomenal.


From my vantage point sitting under a shade tree in my yard
with cold water and snacks, I have a great view.


I know I don't experience the full impact of the power and noise that I
would if I were a spectator at the airport.
But the comfort of my surroundings is compensation.


Several times during the show they thunder past directly overhead.
But I missed those moments by split seconds trying to locate them
in my viewfinder.
Flying up to 600 km/hr I failed to capture one jet as it passed right over me
in a matter of seconds.  The sound was deafening.
The moment exhilarating.


Most birds seemed agitated except for a pair of hawks.
Notice one of them beneath the jet formation.
Soaring effortlessly without any apparent consternation, they shared the
skies with the best in human technology.
It made me think of the following verse.

'For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways,' declares the Lord.
'As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts'.
Isaiah 55:8,9

1 comment:

  1. Cool pictures, Mom. When was the last time southern Alberta was so green in late July?! ~Bev

    ReplyDelete