Sunday, August 14, 2011

A FOREVER FEAST, STORMY WEATHER IN AUGUST


Some severe weather clouds gathered several evenings this past week.


Just before one storm broke, I dashed outside to get some pictures
of my flowers before they were about to be tested.


By all appearances it was almost a surety that they would not look like this
for much longer.


I knew that the coming outburst was totally out of my control.


These wonderful works of creation give me so much enjoyment.


Ominous and foreboding ... the storm clouds kept coming closer.
It was a sight to behold ... were it not a harbinger of destruction.


I did not want to be around when it arrived ... so I left.
Not that I was afraid ... I simply did not want to see my flowers
get shredded by hail.  It has happened others years and it pains.


I came back to a little mound of hail ... lots of water in the yard ..
the effects of powerful driving rain.
The fragile petunia blooms were battered and torn.


It will take some time for them to return to their former glory
before the storm.
Healing takes time ... be it humans or be it flowers.

Where does wisdom come from?
Where does understanding dwell?
It is hidden from the eyes of every living thing,
concealed even from the birds of the air.
God understands the way to it
and he alone knows where it dwells,
for he views the end of the earth
and sees everything under the heavens.
When he established the force of the wind
and measured out the waters,
when he made a decree for the rain
and a path for the thunderstorm,
then he looked at wisdom and appraised it;
he confirmed it and tested it.
And he said to man,
'The fear of the Lord ---- that is wisdom,
and to shun evil is understanding.'
Job 28:20,21, 23-28.

1 comment:

  1. Mother dear...no wonder you expected a storm! That cloud looks like it would've been fierce. Food looks grand as always.

    ReplyDelete