Sunday, August 21, 2011

A FOREVER FEAST


In the beginning of July the cherries trees were laden with clusters of
fruit.  Due to the cool Spring they were a bit later than usual.


Every year of my life I have enjoyed cherries from the orchards located
along the beautiful Flathead lake at Big Fork, Montana.
When I was growing up, the two days of summer that we spent going
there to pick cherries were the most glorious.
First there was the spectacular drive over Logan Pass that almost
took my breath away.
Then there was the magical night away from home at the edge of this
fabulous body of water.
Thirdly I loved savoring the first bite into the juicy plump red fruit.


None of the orchards are on level ground but rather on the
steep hillside rising up from the water.
Picking fruit there might be a challenge but a lovely one.


Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel
of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners
or sit in the seat of mockers.
But his delight is in the law of the Lord,
and in his law he meditates day and night.
He is like a tree planted by streams of water,
which yields its fruit in season
and whose leaf does not whither.
Whatsoever he does prospers.
Psalm 1: 1-3

(Jesus said) 'I am the vine; you are the branches.
If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much
fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.'
John 15:5

No comments:

Post a Comment