Sunday, October 9, 2011

A FOREVER FEAST, THANKSGIVING


Come ye thankful people come,
Raise the song of harvest home!
All is safely gathered in,
Ere the winter storms begin;
God, our Maker doth provide
For our wants to be supplied:
Come to God's own temple, come,
Raise the song of harvest home.
Henry Alford


Come into His presence with thanksgiving in your heart,
and give Him praise, and give Him praise.
adapted from Psalm 100


I will bless thee O Lord, with a heart of thanksgiving.


The following song by Brian Doerksen touches a cord in my heart ...
the words resonate the praise of my soul to Almighty God.

Finding a place on the earth where a weary man can rest,
And listen to your voice in the turning seasons ...
A quiet place in the world where I can bow and confess
That I fear where you have brought me, mysterious God.

All of my life You have been with me,
My comfort in loneliness, my hope in the dark
All of my life, Lord please stay with me
Be my sustaining breath,
Guardian of my heart.

My days are passing by like falling stars
That blaze across the night sky, then they are gone
But Father at your side, I will never be afraid
For you have held all my days in the palm of your hands.

All of my life You have been with me,
My comfort in loneliness, my hope in the dark
All of my life, Lord please stay with me
Be my sustaining breath,
Guardian of my heart.
Amen

The Canadian Thanksgiving holiday is celebrated on the second Monday in October.
To all my blog readers, family, friends and those I don't know,
thank you so much for taking time out of your busy lives to
 send comments and encouragement my way.  I love hearing from you.
And to all the Canadians at home and abroad, I wish you a
blessed Thanksgiving holiday.
Judy




No comments:

Post a Comment