Sunday, October 30, 2011

A FOREVER FEAST, PROMISE


The sunny days of October have a charm all their own.
Not much color except for earth tones and sky  ...
but marvelous just the same.


I chanced to see a coyote feasting on something along
a busy stretch of highway.  He paid little attention to the cars
that were flashing by.  In fact he was oblivious as I drove into the field
to try to get a picture.  He is right in the middle, although not clearly.


He saw me and loped safely across the highway.


Not until he was sure I was following him did he set
his sights to leaving very quickly lest he encounter some danger.


Whether you turn to the right or to the left,
your ears will hear a voice behind you saying,
"This is the way; walk in it"
Isaiah 30: 21

5 comments:

  1. love these pictures mom. would love a copy of the first one..even a 5x7. So beautiful..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings from your grandsons' piano teacher! I enjoy reading your blog. Your landscapes are very different from ours here in Central New York. The recipes look very tasty, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anne,
    As I am typing this I know you are giving a lesson to one of my grandsons! I wish that I
    could see them once a week ... or more would be even better.
    Thank you for reading my blog and for your kind comments. Perhaps I will see you the next time I come to NY. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am new to your blog and I am loving it already!! From the looks of these pictures, I would say you must not live far from me - the view looks so familiar!!! I live in Arrowwood, AB and it looks like i wouldn't have to drive far to see this at all. Also, love the recipes - so many are calling me to try them out!! Thanks for sharing.
    Nikki Holloway

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Nikki,
    Thanks for the kind comments. I live close to Lethbridge and now I will go to the atlas to see
    how close you are to here.

    ReplyDelete