Sunday, March 11, 2012

A FOREVER FEAST, CELEBRATION


Last month was the celebration of the first birthday of my
granddaughter Rayna, who joined her three brothers.
A cause for celebration indeed!
When the grandmother doesn't get a card in the mail on
time, all she needs to do is make a card and use
instant messaging. 


She is the fourth generation to sit on the step of the old
school house on her first visit to the farm.


She is lovingly perched as 'little sister' in the
arms of her big brother ... and has wedged herself
into the hearts of all three.


She finds me at the sewing machine, not so much interested in
me as what I have for her to explore ... knobs and buttons
and levers to push and pull.
What this little treasure from heaven learns to do in
one short year is amazing!
I am so thankful she is part of the family.

For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.
Psalm 139:13

Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me,
and do not hinder them,
for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such
as these.
Matthew 19:14


2 comments:

  1. I love this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Mother, how precious! Thanks for recognizing her in this way. I should send a picture of her with her face in the icing of her birthday cupcake to add to this post. :) The year has gone by so fast, and yet it seems like Rayna's been part of our family 'forever'; I can hardly remember what life was like before her. It is hard to believe that in 12 months a baby can go from helpless and totally dependent to mobile and vocal...and defiant. :( She is a joy though, and has added so much cheer and fun to our family.

    ReplyDelete