Saturday, March 17, 2012

SCENTED PLAYDOUGH


Today I am digressing from the usual food item to show you
something fun and easy that I make in the kitchen.
While it may not be delicious, it will not harm anyone that
may find it appealing enough to taste.


The first step before cooking proved to be a temptation that
was just simply too great to resist.
It was cool, scented and the perfect texture to change from the wooden spoon
to the hands that could really enjoy the feel and sensation ...
much like getting your hands into cake batter.
It took some persuation to convince my helper that
it was time to wash up and continue the process.


That was a ton of fun too, especially because it involved
the flour shaker, or 'powder' as she called it.


I have made various kinds of playdough that work well but I was delighted 
to discover this recipe. It is soft and extremely pliable as well as durable
enough to keep it's shape.


Do I enjoy sculpting with playdough ... yes, those
are precious moments with someone I dearly love!

SCENTED PLAYDOUGH

1 cup flour
3 tbsp. salt
1½ tbsp. cream of tartar
1 envelope Kool-Aid  (your choice of color)
1 cup water
1 tbsp. oil

In a medium saucepan, blend dry ingredients.
Add water and oil; mix well.
Heat and stir until mixture forms a ball in pan.
Remove from heat; turn out onto a baking sheet.
Knead until soft and smooth, adding flour if needed.
Cool and let your child enjoy!
Keep playdough in plastic container or plastic bag
in refrigerator.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, what fun! And what an adorable gal working with that dough! My boys might say they're too old for play dough, but I'll bet if I made some they'd wouldn't be able to resist playing with it. And you know if Rayna got a hold of some, it would go straight into her mouth. I think I'd better double the recipe... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just made some to be lemon sented but it doesnt smell like lemons, just low odor play dough

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there,
    I have not made it with lemon but I can appreciate that lemon Kool-aid would not have a strong scent. Adding some lemon extract would help if you are looking for a more pungent scent.

    ReplyDelete