Sunday, April 15, 2012

A FOREVER FEAST, the HUMAN EYE


I saved this article several years ago for no reason other
 than the intrigue that comes with the wonders of the human eye.
Some of the facts I learned from this paper are:
*Eyes are the second most complex organ in your body.
*Eyes have more than 2 million working parts.
*Eyes use about 65% of all pathways to the brain.
*Under the right conditions, the eye can see the light of
a candle at a distance of 14 miles.
*The retina uses special cells called rods and cones to process light.
A retina has about 120 million rods and about 6 million cones.


This article has now taken on personal significance.
My eyesight has always been precious to me and distinctly more so now
that it has diminished somewhat even if only temporarily.
Today is day 11 from the day I had surgery to repair a macular hole.
Until now I had never heard of the term so this was an
all new experience for me.  The surgery went very well according to
the Doctor and the rest was 'up to me', he said.
Crucial to the success of the procedure was for me to keep my head
down for 5 days, minimum. 
It was a challenge and at times an ordeal but I tried to comply
with diligence.  We will not know the outcome for several months.
If anyone is interested you can look up this site:
'Angel Vision Clinic' .. macular hole.
I am so grateful to family and friends who drove me to appointments
in Calgary ... who volunteered their time to stay with me ... who
cared and gave of themselves so willingly.
I am also very thankful for a Doctor who has been gifted by God
 with profound intelligence that he is using to help humanity.
He worked with confidence and precision on a delicate organ
that has the hand of God imprinted all over it.
I heard him talk with his assistant about common things
with the kind of nonchalance that I would use to flip a pancake.


This white manna fell from the skies overnight .. I couldn't resist an imprint.
Lord, I thank you for my eyes!


It is marvelous to look up once again!!

I lift up my eyes to you,
to you whose throne is in heaven.
Psalm 123:1

No comments:

Post a Comment