Sunday, May 13, 2012

A FOREVER FEAST, MOTHER'S DAY 2012


An ambitious group of ladies took the time to create this beautiful
 mural on an old shed setting just off the highway on our farm.
The prominent size and perfect wall for a terrific sign is hard to resist.


Many groups have painted various messages over the years.
Most wait for a moon-lit middle of the night. At times 
 ugly thoughts had to be turned into something nice with paint of my own.
This was done with permission ..  it rocks ... and can stay there for a long time.


May I make a switch to some exquisite natural beauty.
I brought these inside as soon as they were ready to open .. they
have blessed me all week and today for Mother's Day.

 

 Last fall we moved some soil which must have included a tulip bulb.
 I love surprises ... even little ones .. like a flower growing in an unexpected place.
I kept a careful eye on it as it  grew and budded.
On the day I planned to cut the first bloom of the Spring, I looked outside.
It was gone ... the deer had found it just that morning.
I saw the hoof prints.
That spurred me on to barricade my other clumps of tulips.
There is so much grass in the yard .. why do they want my flowers?
I call to the herd that wander through the yard and tell them not
to come to the house.  My niece said to me, 'deer can't talk'.
I still like to ask them politely to stay in the pasture.


Is this luminous center the heart of the tulip?
I compare it to the inner heart and highlight of my life ...
 being the mother of my two daughters.
That blessing is bubbling over with the lives of my grandchildren.

May mothers everywhere find much joy .. fulfillment ..
and beauty ... in their role.



Mothers are  ...

'like an eagle that stirs up its nest
and hovers over its young,
that spreads its wings to catch them
and carries them on its pinions'.
Deuteronomy 32:11

1 comment:

  1. Is that ever cool! I hope no one paints over that for a long time. And the tulips are beautiful! Thanks for the wonderful post, Mother!

    ReplyDelete