Sunday, May 6, 2012

A FOREVER FEAST, SUPER MOON


I had to wait till late tonight to get a picture of the rising Super Moon.
It was 14% brighter last evening but here, it was shrouded in clouds
and I missed the full effect of the super Luna.


I am awed by what I see tonight ... absolutely spectacular
in the golden hue when it first appears.


God made two great lights - the greater light
to govern the day
and the lesser light to govern the night.
He also made the stars.
God set them in the expanse of the sky to give light
on the earth, to govern the day and the night,
and to separate light from darkness.
And God saw that it was good.
Genesis 1: 16-18  NIV


This was a week of mixed blessings.  I woke from a nap on
Friday afternoon and was dumbfounded at the sight outside
my windows.  Winter ... snow ... what in the world!


The lights were alright but I had to rescue two young trees whose
boughs were bowed with heavy wet snow.  I pushed the branches
with a broom to release the weight and they sprang back into upright position.
This is Alberta after all so no surprise.


Just a couple days prior to the snow snap I was watching
this white-crowned sparrow feasting on some fresh caragana leaves.


Most of the birds in my yard are here for just a while before
they move on to the wooded areas of central and northern
Alberta. 


The sky was a heavenly blue through the blossoms on a flowering
apple tree.


A bumble bee was busy finding the sweetest nectar.
 Spring is arriving in Alberta ... it is so pretty.

2 comments:

  1. Those moom pictures are beautiful. I tried to get some too, but wasn't so lucky. It was cloudy here and by the time the moon was visible it wasn't so specatucular any more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pictures of the snow, the sparrow and the moonrise are spectacular! Thanks for posting...I especially like the scripture verses following :)

    ReplyDelete