Sunday, June 10, 2012

A FOREVER FEAST, GRACE


When I rise in the morning, I like to ask God to order my day.
My to-do lists are long and I never catch up but I have found
without a doubt that if I ask God for help, the tasks are much easier.
On this day I left my house and drove a few miles south before I headed
west to visit Waterton National Park.  I had cookbooks to deliver to
one of my favorite spots in Alberta. A climate of excitment and
anticipation wrapped about my senses.  For a short time the scene I
look for is hidden behind a ridge.  I can't wait to crest the
highest hill.  And there they are ... as wonderful as ever ...
I feel a glow inside.  I can't help but worship.


Some years ago I was having some issues with my heart that
were dibilitating.  Besides medication my Doctor also told
 me to reduce as much of the stress in my life as possible. 
He offered this key advice ....  spend time in the mountains.
As a physician, he testified to his own need for healing and stress
reduction. And for that he retreats alone to the Rockies.

Bears Hump is the ridge of rock that juts out about halfway
to the top.  I'm guessing it is an easy hike for most but not for me.
I am so happy I was able to make it up there once with a lot of
help from my daughters.  The view of the town site and surrounding
mountains and lake was spectacular.


There is so much beauty ... and peace ... and serenity in this place.
A touch of the Divine ... the fingerprint of God.


Breathtaking solitude.


This is not paradise yet, I have to be vigilant.
A large brown bear was moving too quickly in the tall grass
for me to take a picture of him although I tried.
He was heading toward the place I had just left moments before.
I could have had quite the surprise!
If you click on the picture, the bear is close to the exact center.


'Walking on Law, Empowered by Grace', was the worship
message I heard this morning.
The speaker gave this challenge .. 'If I claim to be free of the law; am I
truly walking empowered by grace.  Am I under
the divine influence of God?'

In the same way, count yourselves dead to sin
but alive to God in Christ Jesus.
Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body
so that you obey its evil desires.
Do not offer the parts of your body to sin,
as instruments of wickedness,
but rather offer yourselves to God,
as those who have been brought from death to life;
and offer your body to him as instruments of righteousness.
For sin shall not be your master,
because you are not under the law,
but under grace.
Romans 6:11 - 14  NIV




3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Were you in SK when you took these? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. No dear Karen, I was close to home.
    You would have been glad to hear your mother chuckle
    though ... thanks ... I needed that laugh!

    ReplyDelete