Sunday, June 24, 2012

A FOREVER FEAST, PLEASANT PLACES


At times a week can bring its own challenges ... other times it
is comfortable and idyllic.  For me, this week was one of the latter.
Rain and sunshine in abundance taking their turns to shower and warm 
the fields and flowers. 


Early one morning I saw a rare rainbow in the western horizon.


When the birds were not busy foraging and feeding their young,
they were sounding out praises.  On the rainy days I heard
the warblers and finches in chorus.
Some sounds were totally new but the singers were well hidden.


This visitor has me puzzled.  I watched it for a time thinking it was
a juvenile robin but something looks a bit different.
My grandson tells me it looks like a 'teenage' bird rather than
the baby robins I watched the mother feed.


We watch each other a lot ...  my family of deer and I.
If they know their boundaries, we are good friends.


As I mowed and mowed around the yard, I felt a sense of gratitude
for the beauty of the outdoors and nature.  Away from noise and smog,
the air is fresh and crisp ... there is peace and serenity.


My flowers are planted, the rain barrels are full and my back is
cooperating with the rest of me.
I had a lively conversation with a blogger friend that I
have never met face to face.


My four-year-old niece spied a tablecloth in a basket and that was all
she needed to plan a tea party.
First we need a centerpiece she informed me.  She quickly painted a
smiley face and placed a pansy into a tiny vase. 
I was invited to bring the snacks including
celery.  I was a bit surprised so I asked if she eats celery. 
'No, that's for you', she told me.
So we had grapes and raspberries, chocolate chips and a sour cream
cookie.  She poured the ginger ale into the tiny glasses which
I purchased at a thrift store just for these occasions.

Lord, for your goodness to me this week, I am truly grateful!

Lord, you have assigned me my portion and my cup;
you have made my lot secure.
The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places;
surely I have a delightful inheritance.
Psalm 16:6 NIV

The Lord is the portion of mine inheritance
and of my cup: thou maintainest my lot.
The lines are fallen unto me in pleasant places,
yea, I have a goodly heritage.
Psalm 16: 6 KJV

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous pictures, Mom! Adorable little tea party, Kassie; I hope Rayna will be able to have one with you before you outgrow them...but you know what? I don't think ladies ever outgrow tea parties. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Judy,
    It's lovely to hear from another Canadian blogger. I enjoyed your post so much and I've been perusing some of your previous posts. What a nice little tea with your little niece! Tea parties are so much fun and always enjoyed by everyone; including the little ones. Thank you so much for your visit and sharing this with us. Wishing you a delightful day.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Judy. You certainly do seem at home in your kitchen. The ranch Potato casserole looks particularly good and the Cinnamon Roll.

    not often that the deer know their boundaries! N ice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mother, somehow I missed this post. LOVED Kassie's tea party. Lord willing we will be joining you for tea parties this winter. All part of God's "boundary lines in pleasant places." Who would've ever thought it!?

    ReplyDelete