Monday, July 9, 2012

COPYCAT CHICK-FUH-LAY NUGGETS


If you want to copycat a food, it usually means that you find it
very good.  I love chicken in most any form and when I saw this
chicken nugget recipe in the crazycookingchallenge, I knew I had to try it.
As the name suggests, it is a copy cat recipe and I am a third one
 to copy it as far as I know.


Without needing to turn on an oven, these nuggets were perfect to make
on this hot and muggy day.
 The finished product looked just like they were made in a fast food
place like Chick-Fuh-Lay.  It has been many years since I ate
at one of those and I honestly don't remember what they tasted like.
I do know these were scrumptious ... I could hardly stop sampling.
I can't forget to endorse the sauce as the perfect accompaniment
to this tasty chicken which I will be making often.



COPYCAT CHICK-FUH-LAY NUGGETS
with Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce.

¼ cup mayonnaise
1 tbsp. prepared yellow mustard
¼ tsp. garlic powder
¼ tsp. onion powder
1½ tsp. vinegar
1 tbsp. honey
 ¼ - ½ tsp. kosher salt
pepper to taste

For the dipping sauce:
In a small bowl, whisk mayonnaise together with remaining ingredients
until well blended.  Refrigerate while preparing chicken.

1 large chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1 tbsp. powdered sugar
1 tsp. salt
¼ tsp. pepper
¼ tsp. garlic powder
¼ tsp. onion powder
¼ tsp. paprika
Vegetable or Canola oil for frying

Measure dry ingredients and pour into a freezer bag; shake to blend.
Add chicken pieces; seal and shake to coat chicken pieces.
Remove chicken pieces with a slotted spoon, shaking off excess
flour.  Place on a plate.
In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, heat oil (about 2 inches) to 375° using
a thermometer. Deep-fry in batches for 3 to 5 minutes until
golden brown.  With slotted spoon remove chicken
nuggets onto paper towels to drain.
Serve with honey mustard dipping sauce.
Yield: 2 servings


No comments:

Post a Comment