Sunday, July 15, 2012

A FOREVER FEAST, RID OF THE RUBBISH


Nature's way of getting rid of the rubbish is to wash it up on
the shore.  I'm not sure what happens to these logs and branches
on the edge of Waterton lake.  Will they decay ... will they be swept
out on the lake again if the water rises?
Some 'rubbish' can get in the way of a sandy beach and the
chance to wade in the clear cold water on a hot day.


The apostle Paul talked about all the things in life that he had
lost .... he considered them all 'rubbish'.
Today's sermon was titled, 'God's Call - Getting Rid of the Rubbish'.
People were invited to listen to the voice of God.
When God calls our response needs to be ...
'Father, what would you have me to do?'


What are the blocks or the 'rubbish' in my life that
are hindering the Spirit from leading me?
Am I too busy to spend time with God?
Do I become irritable if my to-do list doesn't shrink?
Am I too concerned about my image or what others may think?
Do I worry?  What are my priorities?
Am I allowing God to search my heart?


Rubbish must go ...  loveliness restored ...
 the beauty that God desires in us.
Beauty of Spirit and character that comes if we seek
to cleanse our hearts of the unwanted and ugly.

What is more, I consider everything a loss
compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing
Christ Jesus my Lord,
for whose sake I have lost all things.
I consider them rubbish,
that I may gain Christ
and be found in him,
not having a righteousness of my own
that comes from the law,
but that which is through faith in Christ -
the righteousness that comes from God
and is by faith.
Phil. 3:8-9 NI

No comments:

Post a Comment