Wednesday, July 18, 2012

RASPBERRY POPPY SEED DRESSING


When I posted my recipe for raspberry vinegar, a friend, Susan P,
gave me a dressing recipe that originates from a local eating establishment.
Recently, I was asked to make a dressing for a spinach and raspberry salad.
I decided to give this one a try and the result was a new favorite.
'This dressing is really nice', was the response I heard over and over.


RASPBERRY POPPY SEED DRESSING

1/3 cup raspberry vinegar
1 tbsp. white wine vinegar
½ cup sugar
1 tbsp. finely chopped red onion
1 tsp. dry mustard
1 tsp. salt
1 cup vegetable oil
1½ tsp. poppy seeds

In a blender, combine all ingredients except oil and poppy seeds.
Cover and process until blended.  While processing, gradually add oil
in a steady stream.  Blend until thick and creamy.
Pour into container; stir in poppy seeds.
Store tightly covered in refrigerator.
Yield: about 1½ cups

1 comment: