Sunday, August 19, 2012

A FOREVER FEAST, BOUND FOR CAM


A patchwork of small blankets bound for CAM.
CAM or Christian Aid Ministries helps the needy in many
countries around the world with clothing, food and medical
supplies as well as Bibles.


I was showing these to a friend who has been on a distribution
trip, handing out blankets like these in Liberia, West Africa.
She was ecstatic when she saw the beautiful pieces of work,
made with new materials and carefully pieced together in colorful
combinations.  'I've been there, I've been there', she cried as she hugged
and felt one.  'They will be so excited ... oh I hope these go to Liberia',
she exclaimed.
Thank you to a family of Hutterite girls here in southern Alberta who
give of their spare time and their scraps to create warm coverings
that will bring much joy and blessing to children who have so little
in this world's goods.
What a perfect way to show the love of God!


I have lost track of the numbers but I believe this is the fifth
stack that was delivered to me to send to CAM's warehouses
in Ontario, Indiana, Ohio or Pennsylvania.
Various people travelling from Alberta to there graciously take these
offerings and transport them free of charge.
At the warehouses they are baled and shipped in sea containers
to CAM's distribution centers in poor countries.

For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat,
I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink,
I was a stranger and you invited me in,
I needed clothes and you clothed me,
I was sick and you looked after me ....
The King will reply, I tell you the truth,
whatever you did for one of the least of these ...
you did for me.
Matthew 25:35, 36, 40



1 comment:

  1. Always a good idea to share with people who have less. Many colonies in MB sew blankets for various organizations. So rewarding! Thanks for sharing, Judy!

    ReplyDelete