Sunday, August 26, 2012

A FOREVER FEAST, SLICES OF SUMMER


Looking back over a wonderful summer.
The flowers loved the heat ... I was kept busy watering.


Evening after evening, the hummingbird moth returned to
the pots of petunias.


One windy evening the real humming bird came to seek out
the petunia blooms as well.  It was so breezy, he seemed to need
a rest in the tree  ... so I could get a picture.


I was surprised to see the eastern king bird swoop down in an attempt
to drive it away.  Could the larger bird have mistaken it for a
butterfly?  It happened quite a few times but the humming bird
buzzed off and returned.  I did not really enjoy the scene.

A Hutterite market garden ... rows of produce that seemed
to go on and on ... hours and hours of labor.


.. as beautiful as a rose ...


Blueberries from British Columbia  ... rinsed and frozen on cookie sheets ...
then packed into bags for the freezer.


An old fashioned portulaca that never fails to grow in my flower beds.


My family and extended family loves these dills.


For a time I picked off the dead blossoms and then ... I gave up.



These will come in so handy in the winter.


Tomorrow starts the harvest!


Gods beauty along the road ways.


The glow before the dark will hide the clouds ... and night is come.

There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under heaven:
Ecclesiastes 3:1
What does the worker gain from his toil?
I have seen the burden God has laid on men.
He has made everything beautiful
in its time.
He has also set eternity in the hearts of men;
yet they cannot fathom what God has done
from beginning to end.
Ecclesiastes 3:9-11

1 comment:

  1. Truly beautiful!I love your posts featuring God's creation!

    ReplyDelete