Friday, September 7, 2012

BARBECUED RIBS


Ribs are a favorite with the guys in the field so I looked forward
to preparing this meal.  Not until close to the finish time
did I realize my planning did not take into account that
four items needed to be in the oven at the same time.
Fortunately my niece is a close neighbor so she was
elected to take care of the beans and the ribs in her oven
The pie I made came out of the oven just in time for
me to bake the potatoes.  I was quite rushed at the end
but it all came together and I was told it was
the best meal I had made this season.
It is all a matter of preference.


After slow baking, a liberal addition of a zesty sauce
is poured over the ribs.


My goal was to have ribs that were juicy and tender with
a glaze that was sticky as if they had been on a grill.
I used my old-fashioned blue roaster and that turned out
to be the perfect piece of cookware.
On other occasions I have used a stainless steel roaster
and was not happy with the results.


For dessert I made an Upside-Down Apple Pecan pie,
you can find the recipe here


The recipe for Golden Parmesan Potatoes is here

BARBECUED RIBS

4 lbs. pork loin back ribs

Cut ribs into serving size portions .. 3 to 4 ribs each
Place in a roasting pan.
Cover and bake in preheated 350° oven for 1½ hours,
turning every 30 minutes.
Drain juices and discard; pour barbecue sauce over ribs.
Cover and continue to bake at 325° for 1½ to 2 hours,
stirring occasionally.

Barbecue Sauce

1 cup ketchup
1/3 cup brown sugar, scant
¼ cup honey
¼ cup molasses
1 tbsp. white vinegar
2 tsp. prepared mustard
1½ tsp. Worcestershire sauce
2 to 3 drops liquid smoke
¼ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. pepper

Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan; bring to a boil.
Reduce heat and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
Use as the sauce for barbecued ribs.

2 comments:

  1. I love rips and these look super deliscious! So how many men do you cook for?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, that should have said 'ribs' (-:

    ReplyDelete