Wednesday, September 5, 2012

COLE SLAW


A friend brought me a very nice head of cabbage from their
garden and I couldn't wait to make a fresh cole slaw.
I thought it would go very well with the meal of ribs I
was making for this evening.


I remember the cole slaw I had when I was young and I so
wanted to duplicate the dressing.  I think this version tastes
much like the one I recall even though it has more ingredients.



COLE SLAW

8 cups finely shredded cabbage
½ cup shredded carrots
2 tbsp. minced onion

Combine cabbage, carrots and onion in a mixing bowl.

½ cup mayonnaise
¼ cup heavy cream or half and half
¼ cup sugar
1½ tbsp. white vinegar
1 tbsp. lemon juice
½ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. celery seed
¼ tsp. pepper

Whisk together mayonnaise, cream, sugar, vinegar, lemon juice,
salt, celery seed and pepper  until smooth.
Pour over cabbage mixture and mix well.
Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
Yield: 10 to 12 servings

No comments:

Post a Comment