Monday, September 3, 2012

PEANUT BUTTER OATMEAL COOKIES


A new cookie recipe ..


These days my time in the kitchen is spent making supper meals
for the harvest crew.  Sometimes I eat along with the guys
at the tail gate table.  Other times like here, I have my meal at home
on a plate instead of a paper product.  It all depends on how
busy I am dipping out the food and how much time there is before
I pass out the dessert.  One of the guys thought the chicken was
finger-licking delish.  But the best compliment came from an older
gentleman who is rather quiet and almost in a whisper confided to
me that he just loves peas in a white sauce.  The old-fashioned
comfort food still delivers!


If the day has been hot, a frozen fruit slush is a perfect cooler.
You can find the recipe here


Harvest meals are a great opportunity for me to try out new cookie recipes.
This recipe has the possibility of mixing and matching your favorite chips.


If there are requests for seconds, I know I will be making these again.
Seconds were passed out!  They are delicious .. soft and chewy ...I have to
set a limit for myself!

PEANUT BUTTER OATMEAL COOKIES

½ cup butter or margarine, softened
½ cup creamy peanut butter
½ cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
1 egg
½ tsp. vanilla

In a mixing bowl, cream butter, peanut butter and sugars.
Beat in egg and vanilla.

1 cup all-purpose flour
½ cup quick-cooking oats
1 tsp. baking soda
¼ tsp. salt
¼ cup milk chocolate chips*
¼ cup butterscotch chips
¼ toffee bits

Blend flour, oats, soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture and
mix well.  Stir in the chips and toffee bits.
(* In place of this assortment of chips and toffee bits, you can add
3/4 cup of your favorite chips or a mixture)
Drop by rounded tablespoons or cookie scoop on parchment-lined
baking sheets. 
Bake in preheated 350° oven for 10 to 12 minutes.
Yield: about 3 dozen cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment