Sunday, October 7, 2012

A FOREVER FEAST, EMBRACE YOUR GIFTS


'Embrace your gifts and run with them'.
This is a memo to self .. I invite you to listen in.
 No, it is not about my giftedness but rather
  God's gracious gifts to me.
I stood out in a field last evening as the sun dipped behind
the Rockies. Bold splashes of color swept across the canvas
of sky.  Was I on holy ground?  Did I sense a bestowal
within my soul, 'be still and know that I am God?


Running with my gifts doesn't mean escaping adversities.
                              Difficult times, upward climbs, insurmountable obstacles meet me
on the path of life.  Where do I go .. what do I do?
Dare I cross valleys and scale mountains on my own?
I have no need to.  I face my fears and run to my Father.
He lets me know which gifts I'll have to use.


I planted the tree. Each Spring I wait and watch expectantly.
I know what is coming ... without fail. 
I am so excited as the gift unwraps and dormancy is
replaced with a life revival.
A feast from the hand of God!


I watched this little rascal roam the town site at Waterton
without a qualm.  The residents know him and he appears
to feel right at home as he wanders from yard to yard.
Experience has taught him that he is safe.
When I am fearful, I claim this promise.
For God did not give us a spirit of fear,
but a spirit of power, of love and
of self-discipline.


I want to reach out my hand and have another chance to
indulge in this perfectly formed macaron.  One of the guests at the
wedding had made them.  I sought her out and we talked about
the making of them, step by step.
Bless you for sharing your expertise! 
God is the master of sharing.
'If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God,
who gives generously without finding fault,
and it will be given him'.


In the yard, on the walk, in the trees, on the branches,
every day, I behold the hand of God caring
for his creatures. 
His provisions for me are abundant.
I am blessed!


Can I count the gifts that come to me as as numerous
as the flowers on this plant?
It will take a lifetime.


Happy Canadian Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment