Sunday, October 14, 2012

A FOREVER FEAST, HOPE


The needlepoint picture above is named 'Pinkie'.
I thought it was appropriate as October is the month to
support breast cancer research and the chosen color is pink.


Many of us have had first hand experience with this disease.
Ironically, I lost my sister to cancer in the month of October
some years back.  She was only 42.
When I was very young, I lost a favorite aunt to the same disease
during the month of October.  She was only 38.
This 'tea' is reminiscent of the joyous times we had together.


I hope for a cure for cancer ..
but my hope does not stop there.

If only for this life we have hope in Christ,
we are to be pitied more than all men.

Where, O death, is your victory?
Where, O death, is your sting?

But thanks be to God!
He gives us the victory
through our Lord Jesus Christ.
I Cor. 15: 19, 55, 56 NIV


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the reminder. Love to tell the girls Aunt Susan stories. She would've loved them and they her. Good post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm coming for hot tea and dainty cookies :) Very nice post!

    ReplyDelete