Thursday, October 25, 2012

VISITING IN NEW YORK


This is the scenic view from the south side of my daughter's home.
I left southern Alberta just in time to miss the first fierce
blast of winter with blowing snow and icy cold.
Here in upstate New York it is balmy and warm ...
perfect fall-like weather.


Even though the trees are past their prime,
it is a thrill for this prairie grami to marvel at the glorious
colors and falling leaves. 


My grandsons led me on a tour of the yard, past the large garden
they helped to harvest and on into the woods.
One of them pointed out a golden yellow leaf stuck on the trunk.


Working with my daughter in her kitchen is a wonderful experience
in food preparation.  A family of six needs large servings of everything!
We plan on trying some new recipes which I will blog in the future.
I will keep you posted.

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous fall colours! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Add more water to the soup. Soon there will be 4 more around the table. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete