Sunday, December 2, 2012

A FOREVER FEAST, TRANSITION


The pictures I have chosen for this post do not reflect the subject
I am pondering.  They have no connection as a grouping except that they
picture a changing scene which is what transition is all about.


Today at the Griner Church in Middlebury, Indianna, 
a deeply moving service ushered in a transition of
responsibility as the baton was passed from one to another.
 The mantle of senior pastor was released from John Yoder and
entrusted to the associate pastor Robert Riegsecker.
The 'Call' to serve at another ministry came to John from God.
The 'Call' to serve in another capacity came to Robert from God as well.
God alone orchestrated the transition.


Changes happen constantly.
I look out my window to scenes that differ from day to day.
Changes bring emotions.
Some make us happy and excited .. others leave us feeling sad.
Changes leave us struggling.
We question and ponder and sometimes we flounder.
When God commands a change, we must surrender to ultimately find peace.


'Change means a dazzling expectation for the people of God',
was the encouragement from Floyd Helmuth, of  Kalona, Iowa.
 His hope for the congregation was prophetic..
'a brilliant, bright future for God's redeemed children'.
Lael Barkman from Harlan, Indiana vested the charge, as
in his words, 'heaven comes down and does a supernatural work'.
God has called John, my son by love ... my daughter Karen
and my three granddaughters to serve in ministry in
the Saskatoon, Saskatchewan area.
Many changes, many emotions, many tears, many questions.
A worship song I heard sung at the Griner Church comes to mind.

All IS WELL

He lowers us to raise us
So we can sing His praises
Whatever is His way, all is well

He makes us rich and poor
That we might trust Him more
Whatever is His way, all is well

All my changes come from Him
He who never changes
I'm held firm in the grasp of the Rock of all the ages
All is well with my soul
He is God in control
I know not all His plans
But I know I'm in His hands

He clothes us now then strips us
Yet with His Word equips us
Whatever is His way all is well
And though our seasons change
We still exalt His name
Whatever is His way all is well.

Johnny Parks and Claire Hamilton/ Integrity worship





No comments:

Post a Comment