Monday, December 3, 2012

SNICKER COOKIES


I love the recipes my girls hand to me with the notation that
these cookies are really good.
I made them and passed them around and got the same response
... 'these cookies are really good and I don't even like peanut butter!'


At a certain holiday time in October, snicker bites are available
for purchase.  I couldn't locate any in November so I bought
 snack size packages and cut them into smaller pieces.
I tried this size on the picture but decided to half them again.


Gather a walnut size amount of dough and flatten on the
palm of your hand and place a snicker bite in the center.


Wrap the dough around the snicker making sure it is totally enclosed.


Another method is to form a ball, make an indention with your
thumb, place the snicker into the center and close it up.


I had a small amount of dough left over after I had used all the snicker bites.
Since I didn't want to make plain cookies I made an indention
in each center of the balls I rolled.  After they were baked
I topped them with a pecan and drizzled chocolate over top.
These cookies are excellent for freezing.

SNICKER COOKIES

2 to 3 packages SNICKERS, snack size
Cut each portion into 8 pieces, set aside.

½ cup butter
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup creamy peanut butter

In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars together.
Add egg and vanilla and continue to beat until light and fluffy.
Add peanut butter and beat until smooth.

3½ cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. salt

Blend flour soda and salt.  Add to creamed mixture until combined.
Wrap 1 tablespoon dough around each mini snicker piece.
Place on parchment-lined baking sheet, about 2 inches apart.
Bake in preheated 325 degree oven for 10 to 12 minutes.
Drizzle with melted chocolate.
Yield: about 4 dozen cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment