Sunday, February 24, 2013

A FOREVER FEAST, ON THIS AND THAT


Today is an important day for this special girl!
She loves spending time at the hearth which, at this point
in her life, is the perfect
height for her cooking station.


It has been a nice week in southern Alberta with just enough
variation outside to keep things interesting.
Temperatures way above freezing during the day, a few snow flurries
some days to cover the brown earth and best of all, no wind.


I took pictures of these weeds early one morning as the sun
on the frost turned them into glistening stalks.


Quite a few visitors have found their way to my natural resource.
These two birds seem to be communicating about the
readily available feed on the crisp heads of the sunflowers.


Where there is a will there seems to be a way to harvest.


They are so busy that it is hard for me to get a still shot.
My goal is to capture the red crown which sets this bird apart.


Upside down and sideways, whatever works best.


I see they have a ways to go before their supply is depleted.
In the mean time I will look for them out my window
especially on the days it snows.


And now back to my grand-girlie who is two years old today.
She reminds me so much of her mother at her age ..
fair of hair, knee on the counter and deeply engrossed
in a book.  Warm memories and lots of love!
Can't wait to see you again!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DARLING!

Every good and perfect gift is from above,
coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights,
who does not change like shifting shadows.
James 1:17 NIV


No comments:

Post a Comment