Sunday, February 17, 2013

A FOREVER FEAST, VALENTINE'S DAY PAST


 I made a white chocolate cheesecake that I planned to post on
Valentine's Day.  But I went to a funeral instead .. and that was fine.
It was all about LOVE.


Love for God ... for his wife .. for his children and grandchildren ...
love for his fellow man ...  for his city ... for the animals that wandered in ..
He was tall and slender and seemingly in the best of health.
It was very sudden and so unexpected.


His son wished to be brave as he spoke of his father ...
the husband ... the cowboy ..  the pastor ..
Tears mingled with his words as he embraced the loss ... of a father ..
a husband to his beautiful mother .. a grandfather to his children ..
a golf partner, a role model, a friend.
There were humorous moments as the son described his dad as
the cowboy ... tender moments as he told of his dad's commitment
to God and a life of integrity ... peaceful moments as he recalled
his dad's contentment in the circumstances of everyday living.

He ended his talk with some advice that I took to heart.
 (I didn't take notes so I'm doing my best to recall)

Tell your family you love them .. often.
Take them out to lunch even if it costs a lot.
Go for walks and enjoy the beauty of nature.
If you see deer, feed them rolled oats with molasses.
Give your children an extra tight squeeze tonight.


And now these three remain:
faith, hope and love.
But the greatest of these is love.
I Cor. 13: 13 NIV


No comments:

Post a Comment