Sunday, March 10, 2013

A FOREVER FEAST, CANDLE OF THE LORD



Shrouded in a canopy of fog that dimmed the morning light,
the earth was pure and white.
A bitter cold morning fastened ice crystals to
post and tree and grass. 
The view was close and the distance mysterious. 
This was the week my aunt Sue slipped beyond the mystery to the other side.

Now we see through a glass, darkly;
but then  face to face:
now I know in part;
but then I know even as also I am known.
I Cor. 13:12 KJV

Blessed are those who wash their robes,
 that they may have the right to the tree of life
and may go through the gates into the city.
Rev. 22: 14 NIV


The spirit of man is the candle of the Lord ...
Proverbs 20:27  KJV

I am taking some liberty with this verse in Proverbs and likening
the spirit of life within as the 'candle of the Lord'.
When we are born into this world, the candle is strong and vibrant.
Some day for all of us, the candle will dim and the life spirit within our
bodies will leave.



Blessed are those who are invited to
the wedding supper of the lamb!
Rev. 19:9 NIV



On this side of eternity my aunt loved flowers and gardening.
A fierce thunder and lightening storm was exciting to see.
Northern lights and starry heavens were sights to behold.
We shared a love of birds and spent an evening marvelling the wonders of
 mountain bluebirds that were a first for both of us in this area.
When I was just a little girl she sent me a valentine card that
I still have tucked away. She had taken the time to personalize
and paint a dainty picture of a little girl holding a heart.
 I treasured the memento that was not only beautiful but
signified to me that she cared about little me.
Her last words to me as she held out her hands, were
'see you in heaven'.

"No eye has seen,
no ear has heard,
no mind has conceived
what God has prepared for those who
love him"
I Cor. 2:9 NIV








1 comment:

  1. This is such a beautiful tribute to my Mother, Judy! She absolutely loved nature in all it's amazing forms...especially birds and flowers and thunder storms! To this day, an approaching thunder storm gives me a thrill because of the way she enjoyed them. Yes...we will see her in heaven! Praise Jesus!

    ReplyDelete