Sunday, March 31, 2013

A FOREVER FEAST, HE IS RISEN


For me, Good Friday is a quiet day of somber reflection
during the season of Easter. 
The depth of suffering the Lord Jesus endured before and during
the cruxifiction is painful to contemplate.


I want to quote from a book of 40 devotionals on the passion
of Christ that bless me each Lenten season.

'Jesus is rejected by God, is cut completely off from God.
is hung on a tree and thereby cursed,
divorced at all points from his Father.
AND YET: it is in this same Jesus,
at this same moment,
precisely because of his sacrifice and death,
that God is most present in the world!


God is not here with Jesus.
Yet God is indeed here,
in Christ,
reconciling the world unto himself!
The whole passion is of holy design!

Here is a window through which to gaze into heaven,
to know and believe in the nature of God.

Here is a door through which we by faith
may enter Heaven,
a doorway made of nails and wood,
a crossing, a cross.'

Walter Wangerin Jr.


I asked God for a picture that would draw my heart to the magnificent
power of the Resurrection..  It appeared this week in
a glorious setting of the sun.


I echo the words of Don Francisco ..

'Suddenly the air was filled
with a strange and sweet perfume
Light that came from everywhere
Drove the shadows from the room
And Jesus stood before me
With his arms held open wide
And I fell down on my knees
And I just clung to Him and cried.


Then he raised me to my feet
And as I looked into His eyes
The love was shining out from Him
Like sunlight from the skies .....
And every fear I'd ever had
Just melted into peace.

He's alive, yes, He's alive
Yes He's alive and I'm forgiven
Heaven's gates are open wide

Hallelujah He's alive!
I believe it He's alive.

1 comment:

  1. All I can say is "Praise God...He is risen!" What an extraordinarily beautiful post, Judy! I was blessed!

    ReplyDelete