Sunday, March 17, 2013

A FOREVER FEAST, IN 90 DAYS


Fog and frost replaced our usual sunny days here in southern Alberta
this past week.  I will note '90 days' from now on my calendar.
Even though it's not written in stone, I like to keep track, just for fun.
Or maybe because I have a built-in longing for rain in June.


As I trudged through the yard with my camera, I was awed by
the pure white sprinkles...


... And the rare beauty in the cold crisp air.


Barbs on the wire and crystals formed into a Cross remind me
of Easter and the Sacrifice.


All around me are the shadowy clusters of trees ... standing .. waiting.


Watching me with intensity .. Alberta's formidable provincial bird ..
the great horned owl.
I like his stare!


The snowy owl seems more friendly!


This group of magpies found the fat I skimmed off the duck I roasted.
I poured it into the old pan and it turned into suet just for them.
When one bird makes the discovery, it calls and others join in the feasting.

In 90 days I will post again ... about rain .. ?? We'll see.
In the meantime, I'm waiting for Spring but enjoying the moment,
with thankfulness for all the wonders around me.

'As long as the earth endures,
seedtime and harvest,
cold and heat,
summer and winter, day and night
will never cease.'
Gen 8: 22 NIV

2 comments:

  1. Exquisite photography...absolutely LOVE this post!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi anonymous, Thank you for commenting! I LOVED doing this post.
    When God paints a picture, my part is easy ... capture it with my lens. The scene was so beautiful I could have stood in a glass bubble (to keep warm) all day turning round and round to impress these awe moments on my heart.

    ReplyDelete