Sunday, March 3, 2013

A FOREVER FEAST, MARCH BLIZZARD


Saying goodbye to visiting family was the order of the day.
They hurried to leave early in hopes of staying ahead of a
severe winter storm that was coming.


The day began peacefully enough but all that changed in a matter of
minutes.  Suddenly we were in the throes of a blizzard ..
fierce winds whipping new snow across the yard.
In a short time most of my windows were splattered with snow.


A forlorn junco came searching for seeds.


As I went from window to window noting the limited visibility,
my thoughts were with my daughter and her family on their
way home to the Saskatoon area.
Travelling east went well until they turned north in Saskatchewan and
found themselves in the blast of winter.
They became part of a caravan slowly moving forward in treacherous
driving conditions with high winds, blowing snow and slippery roads.
I talked to God and told Him what was on my heart.
When the call came they had reached their home, my heart rejoiced.
And I praised the Lord for His protection!

You will keep in perfect peace
him whose mind is steadfast,
because he trusts in You.
Trust in the Lord forever,
for the Lord, the Lord, is the Rock eternal.
Isaiah 26:3, 4




2 comments:

  1. That storm is now knocking on Iowa's door. Glad for safe travel for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like we're getting some of it here in Manitobe as well.

    ReplyDelete