Sunday, May 5, 2013

A FOREVER FEAST, UPSTATE NEW YORK


I caught sight of this moon sliver this morning at 4:28 am and
rushed for my camera.  It looked like a brilliant orange segment
against the black sky ... so worth getting up for!


There is a place high on a hill in upstate NY that is very dear to
my heart.  The view from the top is beautiful in all the weather forms
that graced the weeks of April that I spent there.


I loved seeing the cardinal pair on the foggy and rainy days
they decided to visit the bird feeding station.


Early in the morning my first thoughts were to check out the
tree for the birds.


Even with snow showers, one of the signs that Spring was coming were the
tiny red beginnings on the maple tree.  That made it so easy to spot
this classy male my grandson loves to capture on camera.


When I leave home I have every good intention of keeping current
with my blog but alas .. there are too many other fun things going on
around me.  My little granddaughter and I watched her dad
and three brothers flying kites on a windy Sunday afternoon. When she
tired of that she wanted to 'hoops' (jump) on the trampoline or
walk to see the baby chicks.  And that also included a visit to the chicken
coop to check for fresh eggs.  While there we could count on the cocky
rooster strutting about and lifting his head for a long crow.


How much diversion is there up on that hill!!  Damming the creek and
getting wet and oh so muddy is all in the game.  They had to show
me their project and find an easier place for me to cross so I could
amble through the woods with them.


Fun time .. not checkers or Connect 4 but water fights with
huge bottles and water balloons.


Do you see what I see?  We got out of there ...fast!
Then we slowly walked around the yard away from the
upstairs windows and the possibility of a drenching.


'Reading, writing and arithmetic' for the older three but hey,
play dough needs a lot of concentration too!
We made so many memories .. birthday celebrations, stories, games,
batting balls, playing piano, drawing birds, going to a fishing store ...
I even tied my first fly thanks to Brendan's tutelage.
Did we take time out to cook and eat?
Do 3 growing boys and their dad need food?
Yes, we did a goodly amount of cooking and enjoying
great meals.  It seemed we were always in a hurry to get to the
next thing and I did not have the time to put recipes on my blog.


Now that I am home and watching this leisurely pair having a lively
exchange on the rooftop I can view the days more leisurely as well.
And be more consistent in my postings.
I am so grateful to the Lord for family and grandchildren and the
joys of loving and bonding with them.

'So I commend the enjoyment of life,
because nothing is better for a man under the sun
than to eat and drink and be glad.
Then joy will accompany him in his work
all the days of the life
God has given him under the sun.'
Ecc. 8:15 NIV

3 comments:

  1. Our family enjoyed a wonderful campfire evening at that New York place you enjoy visiting. As always, it got rather late because we can't go there without playing 'No bears out tonight' - and that requires darkness!

    Leanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Missed you while you were gone. Love your posts! I check back here often :) Blessings.

    ReplyDelete