Sunday, June 16, 2013

A FOREVER FEAST, TRACY ARM FJORD


Tracy Arm Fjord ... if I were to choose the 'awe' moment
on the cruise to Alaska ... this would be the one!
The captain had announced a very early sighting .. 5:00 am .. for the
best view.  Tired as we were from the previous late night,
rising was not optional.
 I was taken aback ... almost shocked ... at the sight the greeted me on deck.
A wall of mountain rising up out of the water near the ship!
The site of one of God's magnificent creations!


This will be a short post as I was rather spent after the flight and drive home.
Going back to the beginning of this unforgettable experience, we left
home on June 6, passing by our favorite Chief Mountain close to the Montana border.


We actually had a fun crossing with a congenial customs agent
on our way to the airport for a flight to Washington.


After a very pleasant evening and overnight in Seattle, a shuttle
took us to meet the Rhapsody of the Seas.
The ship was huge!!
But only half as huge as the Solstice docked alongside us.


Whenever I mention we ... I'm talking about my two eldest granddaughters
who were with me on this wonderful holiday.
I love those two dearly ... and if possible even more now that I have spent
undivided time in their company.
It was so much fun ... no generation gap here!
We ate and laughed and enjoyed every moment ... well
except for the day that many guests including Kyrie and I were ill
as our 'ark' navigated rough waters.
I thought back to Noah and wondered how he managed without the
luxury of room service.


A close up view of the glacier at Tracy Arm Fjord ... love those
icy blue colors and the sheer mammoth size of the frozen chunks that seem to
be stacked up in rugged sheets.

O Lord my God, how great thou art!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Judith! That must having been quite the trip! So happy that you had this time with your granddaughters. I'm looking forward to a trip myself - I'm going to Europe in August. Or did you see my post about it?

    ReplyDelete