Sunday, September 29, 2013

A FOREVER FEAST, YOU BIKE, I'LL WALK



It was a lovely kind of week ... blue skies and fluffy clouds.
The kind of week that bears repeating.


I was not buffeted like this little tree literally bent
from the onslaught of today's ferocious wind.


With glad heart I enjoyed dappling sunshine on the remaining
moss roses.
I had big answers to little prayers.

For some this week was rough and the day to day experiences
rough and rocky ... even terrifying.


In parts of the world this week, Christians faced hostility of enormous
proportions and were mowed down like this fallen flower.


We are not promised straight paths and neat rows.
But they can come.


I rejoice with happy news from
another cook and fellow blogger.  Preparing her heart for
the expected parting with her daughter, she experienced a 
reversal that set her soul soaring.
Instead of plans for a funeral, she made plans to bring her child home.


God has those wonderful moments for when we need them most.


'Let's go for a walk', I suggested to my granddaughter one evening.
She had spent the week with me and we loved to round out the day
with a stroll down the lane.
'You bike and I'll walk', I said to her.
The plan was .. we'd walk, then she would bike on ahead and circle back.
After chatting a bit, she would bike off again while I continued my
leisurely walk.
But that didn't happen.
We walked and talked and walked some more.  She holding on to 
the handle bars.
'Honey, don't you want to bike', I asked, repeatedly.
'No, I don't'.  'I like it this way', she laughed.
'I love to talk with you!'


'You bike and I'll walk'.  
That has gone round and round in my thoughts.
How does it apply to myself as a follower of Jesus?


Am I walking close beside my Lord?
More importantly, do I like it that way?
Do I crave the fellowship?
Or do I bike off and circle back when I feel the need?


Gracious God, you are so merciful!
Arms outstretched!
When I wake in the morning to the setting of the sun,
You show yourself, the Great I Am!

'Father, I want those you have given me
to be with me where I am, 
and to see my glory.
the glory you have given me
because you loved me 
before the creation of the world.
Righteous Father, though the world does not know you.
I know you, 
and they know you have sent me.
I have made you known to them, 
and will continue to make you known
in order that the love you have for me
may be in them
and that I myself may be in them.'
John 17:24-26 NIV



2 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE the way you wove this all together...very inspiring and beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post, Judy. Wonderful photos to go along with a wonderful story, followed up with an inspiring text. You were both blessed by that walk.

    Thanks for dropping by yesterday.

    ReplyDelete