Tuesday, September 17, 2013

STRWBERRIES AND CREAM PIE


I am so delighted to share this dessert recipe with you today!
Firstly, I spent a lot of time exploring a new method of
exporting my pictures since the usual method would not work
no matter how many times I tried.
Secondly, of all the many dishes and desserts I took to the
harvesting crew, this was the only one that got raves and
a request for the recipe.
So there you have it ... it's got to be yummy, yummy!


Didn't seem complete without the addition of chocolate!


The servings I took out to the field crew had been in the freezer.
I thought perhaps we would have to discard the strawberries but
they were just barely thawed and therefore not soggy.
Perfectly wonderful was the consensus!


Here is how it is made .. break 6 or 7 chocolate sandwich cookies
(Oreos) into coarse pieces.  Arrange in the bottom of 9-inch pie pan.
No need to make into crumbs or add butter.


The recipe calls for 8 oz. cool whip which is not available where
I live in that weight. So I used my scale to get the right amount.
You can use whipped cream but my daughter insists cool whip
in this recipe creates a superior mellow filling.


Since the recipe is from her I decided to heed her advice.
I must say I was amazed when I folded the cool whip into the 
cream cheese.  It seemed to expand and become very fluffy
and airy in the process.


Spread the filling over the chocolate crumbs and refrigerate.
Garnish with strawberries in a any way you wish.


We are fortunate here to have a huge u-pick patch that is
bearing wonderfully sweet solid-red berries.  I picked this week
and they will be available until the frost arrives.



STRAWBERRIES AND CREAM PIE

7 - 8 cream-filled chocolate cookies (such as Oreos)
Break cookies into coarse pieces and spread onto the bottom 
of a 9 or 10 - inch pie pan.

1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
½ cup granulated sugar
½ cup sour cream
1 tsp. vanilla
1 (8 oz.) container cool whip

In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar, sour cream and vanilla;
beat together until well blended.  Fold in cool whip.
Spread over cookies in pie pan.  Chill until set, several hours
or longer.  Serve with strawberries or your choice of other
fresh berries such as raspberries or blackberries.
Serves eight.


2 comments:

  1. I've never met a cream pie I didn't love! So,I've got to find a way to visit you, Judy and have a piece of this dessert! MY!! And a few more of your delicious dishes!! You've got this food prep thing down to an art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda, I had to smile .. and agree! I love cream pies as well.
    Do come .. just give me lots of notice so I can fill my kitchen with all manner of good things to eat. So glad I can post pictures again .. I really missed it.

    ReplyDelete