Sunday, January 5, 2014

A FOREVER FEAST, JANUARY 2014


JANUARY 2014

Hanging on my wall is this significant piece of art, a 
Christmas gift from my daughter.
Not only is it beautiful but also a cardinal point of consideration
for the next 12 months.
Calendars are important and useful for obvious reasons.
But for me they become more that.
My calendar will hang in a prominent place and needs to be
a reflection of myself and what I enjoy.
Much thought goes into choosing my calendar .. something like a 
pet owner choosing a pet.
Quite simply I have to love it.
I love this one!
I love the colors .. I love the theme.
Every day is reflected by a square to mark the date in time.
How time will be spent is still the mystery.
It will unfold as values give meaning to my life.
I embrace a prayer that was written by someone unknown.

Lord help me to live
                            this day quietly, easily
To lean on They great strength
                    trustfully, restfully
To await the unfolding of Thy will
                    patiently, serenely
To meet others peacefully, joyously
To face today and tomorrow
                                   confidently, courageously
Amen



For most of yesterday, light snow fell softly, gently covering every
inch of ground.  
Today my feathered friends scratched bare the sites they
thought would yield some food.


They come as a noisy little group always watching for an
enemy which to them could be me at the window.
I am very careful and manage to get quite close 
which delights me to no end.


Even though the sun was shining, it was very cold ..
Tonight they will huddle under the dry branches of a 
caragana bush.  Stay warm little birds.


This time of year the mountains reign supreme along the western
horizon.  Something about the cold air sets them loftier
above the mundane landscape.


They are a grand sight!  As you see the ground is brown which
means this was before the snow.
Today I was prepared to bundle up, sweep the snow off my vehicle, 
get it running, and drive beyond the trees to take 
pictures of the mountains in the snow.  
Alas, I was too cozy and warm inside .. I shrank from going
out into the bitter cold.


So I stayed inside and took a picture of the only light that
was visible in the moment.

Today is the first Sunday in 2014.
A worship song has been on my mind.
I will type the notable words but the refrain sung by
Robin Mark will take your heart to heavenly places.

Faithful One, so unchanging
Ageless One, you're my rock of peace
Lord of all, I depend on You
I call out to You
Again and again
I call out to You 
Again and again

You are my Rock in times of troubles
You lift me up when I fall down
All through the storm
Your love is the anchor
My hope is in You alone.



No comments:

Post a Comment