Sunday, March 23, 2014

A FOREVER FEAST, FIRST DAY OF SPRING 2014


The first day of Spring  .... no daffodils here.
Just heaps of moisture for the farmers as we know it will melt promptly.
I'm smiling as I try to look on the bright side of more snow.


As the Fall months leave, I am not keen about the coming cold weather.
Now that I can look back on the long winter, I must say that I 
quite enjoyed the slow pace.  I stayed very close to home and
a warm fire.  Cozy and warm is so conducive to reading and catching
up on projects and the never ending task of reorganizing.


Winter was not terribly harsh.  Alberta had many periods of 
bare brown earth with temperatures way above freezing.
Cycles of cold and mild went on and on.
But Winter was long!


Winter is when the bald eagle can be seen hanging out on the leafless trees.
I simply cannot shorten the space between myself and it
before he sees and sails away.


Spring is coming .. and I am excited.
Longer days ... the sun rapidly moving north ...
 I am glad for the Alaskans.


I splurged on a bouquet of beauty and loveliness ... just because.....
...   roses beckon the heart to happiness and joy and smiles.
 God's imprint glows on every petal.

Walk in love as Christ also hath loved us,
and hath given himself for us
an offering and a sacrifice to God
for a sweet smelling savour.
  Ephesians 5:2

Unto you therefore which believe,
he is precious ..
1 Peter 2: 7  KJV
















.







2 comments:

  1. Lovely, lovely photos, especially the roses. I am so ready for colours. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did anyone ever tell you you have a real good eye for photography? I can "feel" every picture! Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete