Sunday, March 30, 2014

A FOREVER FEAST, ON EAGLES


Yes, we are continuing to have winter weather with snow flurries in 
the forecast.  When large objects light on power poles, it is
quickly determined not to be part of the electrical grid,
although a showy specimen.


Not really bald of course, it is merely white-headed.
Bald eagles are part of the sea eagle group, feeding mainly on fish.  
Here is one far from the sea but close to a river which would have
a lot of ice on it this time of the year.  I can only guess what it
is finding for food.


In solitude, atop giant stone set on a hill in a snow-covered prairie pasture,
 rests a powerful Haliaeetus leucocephalus .. immovable ...powerful.
One of my favorite scriptures points to the eagle... I recite it often.

..those who hope in the Lord
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.
Isaiah 40:31  NIV



4 comments:

  1. I am missing your blog entries. Thank you for the recipes and Forever Feasts that you have published in the past. Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the comment. It is much appreciated! I did a blog post today!

      Delete
  2. Dear Judy,
    Is everything all right?? My daughters and I have been missing your wonderful blogs! Sincerely Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry, I did not let my readers know that I was fine and simply having a break from blogging. However I do appreciate knowing there are those out there who enjoy my posts and are missing the. Gives me good reason to keep on.

    ReplyDelete