Tuesday, July 29, 2014

OATMEAL ICE CREAM SANDWICH



To all my readers who have wondered what has happened to me ...
I am doing well and had no intention of being away from this site for so long.
 I got all caught up with projects that I wanted to do
around the house and yard and before I knew it the weeks were
 sliding by quite smoothly and I was not blogging.
It almost felt like I was being truant in doing my homework as in
school days.  But it also felt like I didn't have any homework which
was a good feeling.
Quite often though, I caught myself  missing the connections so here I am once more.


I shared these treats with a young growing lad.  Later his mother told me
he wanted her to ask for the recipe because, 'they are so good!'
It is a great summer snack that can be stored in the freezer for
the hot days like the ones we are having in Alberta.

OATMEAL ICE CREAM SANDWICH 

3/4 cup butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar, loosely packed
½ cup sugar
1 egg
2 tsp. vanilla

Cream butter, sugars, egg and vanilla until fluffy.

2/3 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 tsp. baking soda
2½ cups quick oats

Combine flour and baking soda.  Add to creamed mixture until blended.
Stir in oats.
Roll into 1-inch balls and place 2 inches apart onto parchment-lined or greased
cookie sheet.  Flatten slightly with a fork.  
Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are 
golden brown.  Cool for 5 minutes on sheet, then transfer to rack to cool completely.

Assembly: Spread one cookie with a generous amount of ice cream.
Top with another cookie; press down lightly.  Repeat with remaining cookies
and ice cream.  Wrap individually and freeze.

Yield: about 2½ dozen 



4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! I missed blogging as well!

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad you're back blogging!

    ReplyDelete


  3. Thank you. Comments like this encourage me to keep on.

    ReplyDelete