Sunday, August 10, 2014

A FOREVER FEAST, GIFTS THAT KEEP GIVING


From the time I placed the bulb into the ground in May, I eagerly watched 
for the first sight of tiny shoots of green in anticipation of 
lovely foliage and magnificent bloom.
I was not disappointed!


It involved weeding, watering and mulching but that is part of the
process of care a gardener does with pleasure.
My daughter gave the packages of bulbs to me on Mother's day and
I think of her every time I look at the showy plants.
She knows knows me well having been raised
with flowers galore and especially dahlias.


I purchased a number of flowers this season that are perennials like these
daisies that will keep on giving year after year.
They give of themselves .. they give of their beauty .. and charm.
They bless me asking for a little water in return.


How I love the gift of pansies!


.. dainty and fragile....


... brushed with exquisite lines of harmonizing colors....


..there can never be too many pansies ...


In my quiet corner of the earth, I am not unmindful of the turmoil
that is churning over so much of the world.
As I read about terror and strife, unrest and fear, I cannot help but feel that
my life is blessed beyond measure.
Outside in my peaceful garden where beauty reigns, many times this summer
I have been overwhelmed and burdened.
The contrast of my life to women throughout the world who are hurting and
in many cases fleeing with their children to who knows where, is stark.
If it were not for Jesus, I would despair for the future.

When the poor and needy seek water,
and there is none, 
and their tongue faileth for thirst,
I the Lord will hear them,
I the God of Israel will not forsake them.
Isaiah 41:17



No comments:

Post a Comment