Sunday, August 24, 2014

A FOREVER FEAST, SUMMER MARKET


Rain and shine, work and play .. this past week was one of mixed
blessings and new memories made.
Monday was a whirl of activity .. many hands helping prepare fresh corn
for the freezer.  Thanks to my daughter and granddaughters the load
was much lighter than it would have been otherwise.
The remainder of the week was cool and wet with much rain and
very little sunshine.
With the very hot weather we experienced since the beginning of July,
 the moisture was welcome but I look forward to more heat in the coming days.


 Wednesday is the outdoor farmer's market in downtown Lethbridge with
local vendors and also from the Okanagan valley in BC.
We were happy to share the occasion with a couple from Indiana with whom
we have shared a friendship for almost 5 decades.


The fruit was some of the most beautiful that I have ever seen.


I am glad to see these girls enjoying a leisurely walk through the market today.
On Friday they will be very busy getting ready for the Saturday 
market in the Exhibition pavilion.


The rain held off for the market time.  Picking 
up a grouping of vegetables to serve family and guests 
 made it so easy to prepare the evening meal.


I am so appreciative for the bounty of vegetables to choose from.
Clean and neatly packaged ... ready to use.


For those folks who have no space for a garden, the option to buy
from a huge selection of locally grown produce is the perfect solution.


And to feed the soul .. there are the flowers ...


I will praise you, O Lord, with all my heart;
I will tell of all your wonders.
I will be glad and rejoice in you;
I will sing praise to your mane,
O Most High.
Psalm 9:1, 2


No comments:

Post a Comment