Sunday, September 28, 2014

A FOREVER FEAST, HARVEST & BOUNTY


Fall is here with spectacular landscapes and lovely harvest weather.


This is the time to bring in the grain .. later than usual ..
but bountiful and beautiful.


I am grateful to have part in a tradition that I have loved for so long.


One day this week the telling sign of a fire on the reservation
rose in a billow of smoke.  It can become frightening if it roars out of control but
this one was contained in a short time.


Taking meals to the field crew is part of my harvest celebration.
It gives me a chance to try new recipes like Apple Danish, pictured here.


Harvest meals are just the right opportunity to make foods that I
crave, such a vegetable pizza, but can't possibly eat by myself.
Along with that I introduced one of the combine drivers to deviled eggs.
He loved them instantly and for that I was happy.


Meatballs in pasta shells was another dish that I put together.


It may seem that an Upside-down Apple pie is too fussy for 
a supper out in the open .. the guys were enthused and would not agree!


 Spring was cold,  June was wet, and then came the heat of July and August.
One never knows what farming will yield on the prairies.
This year was good!


This picture is testimony to the goodness of God for another year of plenty.
For yet another opportunity to express gratitude.




But as for me, I will always have hope;
I will praise you more and more.
My mouth will tell of your righteousness,
of your salvation all day long, 
though I know not its measure.
I will come and proclaim your mighty acts, 
O Sovereign Lord;
I will proclaim your righteousness.
yours alone.
Since my youth, O God, you have taught me,
and to this day 
I declare your marvelous deeds.

Psalm 71: 14 - 17


2 comments:

  1. Oh my! These pictures belong in a calendar...I especially love the first one with the bales and the very last one! Harvest time is truly the prettiest time of year...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos! The ones with the bales are especially gorgeous and so typically prairie!

    ReplyDelete